Sunday, May 10, 2020

Pixxibook.com ~ Making a Blog Into a Book


I made a book for Jenny from our blog posts for a Mother's Day gift.  I've had a blog for over ten years but this is the first time I've used any blog-to-book service.  Jenny's book only included the "Landon" posts, not mine, but covered a period of over two years, from the beginning of the blog to May 1st, 2020.  It ended up at around sixty pages in the printed book. 

I checked out a few services but chose Pixxibook because I liked their collage cover and the layout of photos.  None of the services I tested printed the blog post's labels, which was a negative in my eyes.  I consider the labels to be not only a sorting method but also a continuation of the text.  

I ended up having to go through all of the blog posts and reformatting the blog itself before I could order the book.  I tend to like there to be a space after photos in the layout of the blog, but this didn't translate to the layout of the book, so I had to remove them within the blog posts so that the autoformatting of the book would look correct.  On the good side, I now know how to format posts going forward so that when we're ready to print the next volume it will be ready for layout without additional work.

The book came out so nicely that I want one of my own! 




No comments:

Post a Comment