Saturday, August 18, 2018

SunsOut "Waiting for the Mailman" by Susan Brabeau


Today I hosted a puzzle exchange event for meetup.com.  This was my second hosted event, the first being a few months ago.  But this time I cross-posted to several different groups, and so we had about ten people come and go, with about eight people who stayed for the full time.  In addition to trading puzzles, we also did a puzzle together while there.  It was one I'd brought that I had gotten for free on craigslist, SunsOut "Waiting for the Mailman" by Susan Brabeau.  A used puzzle, that turned out to be complete, with 500pc.  As a group, it took us about two hours or so to put together.  

It was so much fun to do a puzzle as a collaboration!  We had great conversation as we worked, and great beverages since we met at a local coffeehouse.  There were even people in the restaurant that approached us during and after our event that were interested to find out what we were doing, so we referred them to the main meetup group.  I hope we have a few new people join for next time.

I ended up with my first Eeboo brand puzzle from the exchange, so I'm excited to try that out.  And another White Mountain that is a collage of backyard birds which I'm excited to put together too.  And I donated five or six puzzles to the exchange, while only bringing home two, so I came out ahead in terms of household clutter.







No comments:

Post a Comment