Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Fire Station Donation

In early July, I did a puzzle that I framed for donation to my local fire station.  "Hero's Helpers" was a cluster of dogs in fire gear and paraphernalia, so it seemed only fitting.  Today I went back to LAFD Station No. 60 in North Hollywood to see how and where they were using it.  

The puzzle was placed atop a shelving unit in the fire station's kitchen.  It's hard to see the full picture, but it is being utilized, and it's in a public area in the station.  My thought was that kids who tour the fire station would find it fun and colorful, so the fact that it's somewhere general public may sometimes see it is great to me.  

The fire personnel were welcoming to me when I went to donate, and when I went back to take a picture of it.  And, the station I chose is in my neighborhood, so I'm glad I can contribute to my own local community.  It's a small thing, but I hope I make someone smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment