Thursday, July 12, 2018

Masterpieces "Hero's Helpers" by Jenny Newland


I couldn't find a more fitting puzzle to do over the 4th of July holiday than this one, honoring fire dogs.  It was bought from a puzzle club in Orange County, so I assumed it to be complete.  When I found that to be the case, I knew it had to be glued and framed to donate to my local fire station.  Stay tuned for pictures of the donation and where it gets placed.

As I am learning how best to glue and frame puzzles, the lesson I took from this one was that I only mod-podged the back of the puzzle, so that it would stay together.  If the front is glued and it is not hung in a temperature controlled area, the glue can melt to the front in places, giving the illusion of a "bubble" inside the glass.  

I'm hoping kids who tour the firehouse will have fun with this artwork.


No comments:

Post a Comment