Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Dowdle Folk Art "Santa Monica" Map Puzzle


I have this dream to have a wall of my home with framed California map puzzles, both vintage and current.  This "Santa Monica" puzzle from Dowdle was on my list, and I was fortunate to find it complete at a thrift store.  I don't have the wall space now, but I'll be saving this to hang next to my Hennessy Puzzles California map.

This is the first time I've tried the brand Dowdle.  They are a Utah company, which is where I went to high school, so I like the idea of supporting a local family business when buying new from them.  The pieces are thick; they fit together tightly and well.  The designs are always quite busy, with a flair of charicature in the colors and overall style of the art. 

Would you consider doing a puzzle in this style of design?

No comments:

Post a Comment