Monday, February 15, 2021

“Poppies in Vase” by Olena Art

 

I picked up this 500 pc puzzle at a Tuesday Morning while on vacation in Nashville.  I thought its beautiful pastels would be easy to place.  I was completely wrong!  The nature of this watercolor image made it very difficult, even at a lower piece count.  I started this one day on vacation.  Managing to get the border and small pieces of the background done, I split them into sections that I laid into the box for transport home.  I then finished this at work with the help of colleagues there as a group project, spread over some time.  It was fun to live with the image for a while, coming back to it only once a week or so.  Each time I approached with fresh eyes a few more pieces made sense.  Still, it would have taken me even longer to complete this on my own.  It was fun to have the help working on it together!

 The brand is one I'd never heard before:  Americanflat.  Despite the brand name, the box was labeled Made in China.  It was reasonably priced at $6-8. 

Though the pieces were not thick or sturdy, they were tight enough to hold together during completion.  I used another piece of cardboard to flip the puzzle over and glued it for framing as artwork to hang in my office at work, a drab blank wall in need of some colorful but cheap art that I won't be too attached to when the job ends in just a few months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment